Lead Processing Lab Technician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) (Curaleaf) is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 123 dispensaries, 25 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Position Description: The Lead Laboratory Processing Technician will report to the Laboratory Manager. The Lead Laboratory Processing Technician will be responsible for leading the Laboratory team, as well as monitor and maintain production in accordance with state cannabis regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Extract crude oil from ground cannabis flower• Process and refine cannabis-infused oil thru winterization, centrifugation, filtration and decarboxylation.• Preparation of equipment and grinding plant material for extractions• Accurately weighing materials and recording those weights• Maintaining accurate records• Maintain strict inventory records of all raw materials, supplies, and equipment.• Maintain inventory by performing conversions, adjustments, and transfers in seed-to-sale tracking systems• Complete the cleaning and sanitization of all production equipment, work surfaces, and tools• Responsible for proper waste disposal according to state guidelines and Curaleaf policy• Operates and maintains extraction equipment used to extract crude oil from ground cannabis.• Operates and maintains laboratory equipment used to refine crude oil into post processed oil• Reclaim ethanol used if winterization using a Rotovap• Accurately perform calculations and dilutions of crude oil for winterization• Accurately fill out electronic batch records and supporting documentation• Follows SOP’s and submits revision requests for SOPs according to new methods to optimize processes, as necessary.
• Washes, sterilizes, and restocks laboratory glassware.• Performs clerical work related to laboratory activities such as word processing, record keeping, data collection and filing.• Possess an understanding of scientific measurement, methods of measurement, units of measurement and cGMP data collection• Maintain and record data in our seed-to-sale tracking software.• Maintain clean extraction and laboratory environment which adhere to GLPs and GMPs. • Performs other related tasks as required by Management
• Ensure processing operation is fully compliant with state and federal regulations• Maintain analytical and other laboratory waste with registered waste disposal company while following state regulations• Maintaining material safety data sheets for all department chemicals and products• Assure that operation adheres to all business and industry license requirements• Maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals and equipment used in the laboratory and documents production by completing forms, reports, logs and records
Education and Experience:
• College Degree preferred• 1-2 years of laboratory and/or related hands-on experience• Proficiency with Microsoft based programs• Subject to background check per state cannabis regulations• Ability to troubleshoot process or equipment failures• Ability to have detailed records, proper labeling, and data tracking• Familiarity with chemical and laboratory safety• Able to work independently and within team environments to accomplish tasks• Motivated and eager to learn/develop
• Must be 21+• Must be able to pass a national criminal background check per state cannabis regulations• Requires the ability to sit or stand for 10 hours per day• Must be able to perform repetitive techniques accurately and consistently• Must be able to stand for long periods of time, along with frequent bending
• Allergen warnings - Potential exposure to dust, pollen, and plant pathogens.• Exposure to cleaning solvents, such as high volumes of isopropyl alcohol.• All jobs require daily use of provided PPE, such as masks, hair nets, beard covers, respirators, boot covers, scrubs, non-slip shoes, and Tyvek suits as necessary.• Ability to work in confined spaces• Exposure to loud noises, including but not limited to air compressors, packaging equipment, and alarms.• Exposure to CO2 manufacturing procedures at OSHA approved CO2 levels• High stress tolerance, adaptable, ability to work in an ever-changing environment, flexible
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Cannabis with confidence